Have knots near my butt crack. No discharge. What it could be?

I have what feels like to knots near my butt crack on the right cheek its just red no puss or discharge and they're very painful do you knoe what it could be?
Posted Thu, 4 Apr 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

The lesion you describe could probably be a boil due to follicultis, such lesions are more commonly found on the buttock cheeks. This happens due to bacterial infection of the hair follicle.

The lesion may evolve soon into a pus filled boil, then you may have to get it broken and express all of the pus and debris from it and dress the wound with antibiotic ointment like MUPIROCIN. Also you will need a course of antibiotics especially like Clarythromycin or Azythromycin for a period of 5 days.

Hope, I answered your query.

Please do let me know if there are any other concerns.