Have kidney infection. Took antibiotic, started bleeding. Is this blood related to kidney or period?

Hi I have a kidney infeCtion day 2 antibios but I also got my period its excessive bloozd loss can I tell the diff betweenperiod blood or kidney blood?
Posted Wed, 27 Mar 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 14 minutes later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

It would be impossible to tell by appearance if the blood is related to your period or due to a menstrual bleeding but no usually with a urinary tract infections.

To determine whether the infection is resolving, you would have to rely on the other symptoms of a urinary tract infection such as discomfort on urination, frequency and the urge to rush to urinate.
If you notice an improvement in these other symptoms then the infection is improving.
In addition to using the antibiotics, it is also important to use alot of water, cranberry may also be helpful.

i hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions