Have kidney disease and paralysis. Feeling breathlessness and sweating. Proper treatment?

Cardiologist, Interventional
Hi Doctor,

This is to ask you a query regarding my father, aged 62.
Right now, my dad is admitted in ICU as he complained of breathlessness and was sweating profusely on the night of XXXXXXX 2nd.
For his medical history, he has been suffering from kidney disease and left sided paralysis. His current creatinine level is 5.2, also he has been having constant high blood pressure of 90/190 for past 15-20 days.

Now the doctors are suggesting that my dad may have to undergo angiography or dialysis or both. As per them, the angiography may increase the creatinine levels.

Please let us know what is the best treatment that should be given to my dad with his medical history.

Regards, XXXXXXX
Posted Wed, 23 Jan 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. (Prof.) Subroto Mandal 1 hour later

As per details about your father, it definitely looks like renal failure.

Along with heart problems, in this situation if it’s an acute heart attack then only we go for emergency angiography or angioplasty. In the other conditions, it’s better to get the creatinine level down by medical management or dialysis followed by angiography.

This strategy will reduce the complication of intervention.

If you can tell me about the echocardiography report then I can guide you better. You have a feature to upload the reports by yourself on the right side of this query page. You may want to use it.

Let me know if you have more concerns.