Have itchy red rashes on abdomen. How to remove this?

Hi I have a curved red rash that appears on my right abdomen from time to slightly itchy but not intense
Posted Wed, 1 May 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 2 hours later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

The fact that the rash appears in a particular aspect of your skin repeatedly implies that it is likely to confined to a particular dermatone ( area of skin supplied by a particular nerve).
This happens in herpes zoster.

Herpes zoster is a condition that occurs in persons with a previous history of chicken pox at some time in their lives. The virus remains in the system and later presents as herpes zoster.

Though post herpetic pain is the most common condition related to herpes zoster, there is also post herpetic itch.
It is possible that this is the reason for your symptoms.

If mild the itch can be treated with antihistamines.
It is treated with topical local anesthetics if severe. IF it becomes severe and does not respond to topical anesthetics then other medication such as medication used for neuropathy can be used, for example gabapentin.

Another possibility would be contact dermatitis. This would mean that something coming in contact with that particular area was irritating your skin and provoking an allergic response.
It would mean the contact is restricted to that area.

You may want to consider visiting your doctor for an assessment to determine if either of these is the cause of your rash

I hope this helps. Please feel free to ask any other questions