Have itchy red rash in panty line. Used Cortaid cream. Have hypothyroidism and menopause. Due to allergy?

Hi I am having a terrible time with a rash in my panty line. I think it is from sweating. I tried shaving around that area and it got worse. Then I started using Cortaid cream and it helped with the itching and redness. I am hypothyroid and also I am in menopause. I was wondering if I am allergic to something? Besides my thyroid medicine, I am taking the following herbs: Korean Ginseng, Acai, Evening Primrose Oil, Black Cohosh, A Hair vitamin, Garlic, and also Vitamin E and Calcium. The Calcium is prescribed by my doctor. I thought perhaps I am having an allergic reaction because I am taking this stuff I just don't know. Some of these I only take once a day like my hair vitamin and Acai. I would appreciate your opinion.
Posted Tue, 13 Aug 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 37 minutes later
Welcome to healthcare magic
The chance of it being an allergy to these are very less, because rash localised to panty line alone is un usual for an allergy to systemic medicine or herbs. It should affect the entire body.
The chance of it being intertrigo or ring worm is higher. Hydrocortisone is a mild steroid. It might not be a good choice if there is fungal infection.
If you could upload a picture of the rash it will help me diagnose.
It will be safer to start on an antifungal cream like clotrimazole or miconazole twice a day. Keep the area dry. you may also apply antifungal dusting powder over the area twice a day.

Hope this helped.
Follow-up: Have itchy red rash in panty line. Used Cortaid cream. Have hypothyroidism and menopause. Due to allergy? 6 hours later
Thank you so much. I went to see my doctor today and she did prescribe the Miconazole and also she asked that I get Desitin and mix both of them together and to apply twice daily. She said I have a fungus infection that was due to sweating in that area. I am so glad. I used some today and I feel a lot better. Also, I am to use it twice daily as you suggested. Thanks for your help.
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 8 hours later
Good to know that you are getting improvement. Keep the area dry.
Wish you good health.