Have itchy red dots all over arms and legs. What could this be?

Dermatologist
Question
I have pin point red dry dots all over my arms that itch and on my legs and a few in my bikini area what could this be?
Posted Sun, 5 May 2013 in Skin Rash

Answered by Dr. Kruti 34 minutes later
Hello

I will be glad to be of assistance.

From your description, it seems that you may have folliculitis which is a bacterial infection of skin.

The treatment would be application of mupirocin cream on it twice a day for a week.

However it would be best if you could also send me a photo of the rash so I can have a look at it as its difficult to always diagnose a skin rash based only on the description.

Hope my recommendations are helpful to you.

Regards.

Follow-up: Have itchy red dots all over arms and legs. What could this be? 17 minutes later
It's not letting me send the picture for some reason.. I am just concerned whether or not it could be skin cancer?

Answered by Dr. Kruti 18 minutes later
Hello

Thanks for your reply.

From your description it doesn't seem to be skin cancer.

However you could email a picture to XXXXXXX and they will forward the picture to me.
You can email to YYYY@YYYY with subject as "ATTN: Dr. Kruti".
Regards.

Follow-up: Have itchy red dots all over arms and legs. What could this be? 59 minutes later
I sent a message to your attention of my arm, wondering if you had looked at it yet?

Answered by Dr. Kruti 17 hours later
Hello

Thanks for your reply and the picture.

It is a case of folliculitis.

I would recommend that you apply the mupirocin cream.

This can happen after the use of any hair removal methods like waxing and shaving.

There is nothing to worry about. It will subside.