Have itchy red blotches on buttocks with dry skin coating that peels off. Used Neosprin and lamisil. Suggest?

I have red blotches on my right buttocks for a week not, sometimes itchy but not not severe. They seem to get a coating of dry skin that peels off every 24hrs. It doesn't appear to be getting any bigger but wont go away either. I have used neosporin on it and more recently lamisil. what do I have and how do I treat it?
Posted Sat, 5 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Jose Ignacio Artero Munoz 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Skin injuries

Detailed Answer:

Delighted to be able to help.

By the location and signs of your skin injuries ,a possible diagnosis is eczema and other possible diagnosis is fungal infection.I treat my patients with a cream-applied twice a day- whose components are an antifungal (clioquiniol) and a topical corticosteroid (beclomethasone) .

In addition, if the itching was very intense, Ebastine 20 mg per day by mouth is an antihistamine widely used in the treatment of itching.Please go to your doctor to evaluate your injuries, confirm the diagnosis and for prescription.

I Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.If you do not have any clarifications, please don’t forget to evaluate my answer.

I wish you good health