Have itchy rashes around eyes. Noticed floating vitreous fluid in eye. How to treat this?

Jul 2012

I have a rash around my eyes and on my eyelids and down one side of my face it is sore and feels like my skin is pulling and it is also itchy
I had a piece of vitras fluid from my eye break through and is now floating around in my eye the eye doctor said it would be there permanently since that time I have had itchy eyes and this sore rash i guess it could be a coincidence
Posted Thu, 18 Apr 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 4 hours later
Hi there.
Yes the first part of your history & the second appear to be inextricably linked.
It does appear to be an allergic reaction.
I would suggest using a hydrocortisone based cream preferably one that is combined with fusidic acid applied locally to the affected regions twice daily for 2-3 days & then switch to a bland emollient. A product like Emolene may be easily available over the counter or as you are canada based, perhaps Aveeno cream may be ideal as an emollient.
Trust this will help & you are in the clear by the Easter weekend.
Good Luck & Godspeed!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD