Have itchy penis with tight fore skin. Prescribed Fluka tablets. Partner also suffer itchy vagina. Guide?

Question
hello SIR, my problem is an itchy penis with tight foreskin and the head is sometimes peeling a thin layer. the tips around the foreskin is ruptured after intercourse. it has been a year or two. doctors gave me FLUKA tablets and other medicines. i got relief for a few months and now started again. my wife also has itchy vagina and reddened scenery inside. pliz help me.
Posted Sat, 22 Jun 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 2 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,
It would be very necessary necessary for you to get examined and reevaluated. The drug you took is directed against fungal infections. Recurrence of the infection might imply the drug is inappropriate, or the dose is insufficient or the duration of treatment is shorter than needed. A proper evaluation, considering the fact it has been there for quite some time by a DERMATOLOGIST would be of very great benefit, to know exactly what s going on and get clear and oriented appropriate laboratory testing if need be. Skin cultures and other blood tests might be required.

What your wife is experiencing is a clear inflammation of the vagina called vaginitis. t would be important to know for how long she has been experiencing this, the drugs taken, associated vaginal discharge or not, associated abdominal pains or not.
The commonest infection usually involved is a yeast called Candida Albicans. It usually associated with itches and whitish or and thick vaginal discharge. Other causes of itches like Trichmonas vaginalis that causes yellowish foul smelling discharge and other bacteria should be evaluated for. A vaginal swab, culture and sensitivity testing might be very appropriate. Testing for other sexually transmitted infections could be asked by his physician. Both of you been examined and treated could be important to avoid may be reinfecting each other.

You might to book an appointment with a dermatologist and she visits her family physician or gynecologist. Thanks and hope this helps. Feel very free asking any further questions if need be.

Luchuo, MD.