Have itchy groin area and noticed liquid discharge. Not cured by medicine. Any cure?

General Surgeon
Question
Hello Dr.
clear liquid is coming from my groin area and I don't know from where. Due to this the entire are is infected and it is itching. I consulted skin Doctors and tried various creams and there is no cure.Please note that the category I have selected may not be correct. As my problem of liquid woozing from groin area and anus is not related to skin alone and I have consulted many skin specialists and no cure. the liquid smells fish and my underwear becomes wet. Please post my question to general physician and help me out.

Pls. help me
XXXXXX
Posted Sun, 12 May 2013 in Skin Rash

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 27 minutes later
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

Can you please provide a photo of it?

Your symptoms seem to be caused by some pathological connection between the skin and the digestive tract or urinary tract. The liquid with is leaking from the anus and the skin can be urine. Do you suffer from lower abdominal pain, radiating to the back, any diarrhea, blood in stool, mucus in stool, weight lost, tiredness? Any burning while urinating, frequent urinating? Any lump present in the groin area?

If this is a fistula between the large intestine and urinary tract, or urinary tract and skin, you need to have colonoscopy and pelvis MRI performed to find out where is this connection.

Hope this will help. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Regards.

Follow-up: Have itchy groin area and noticed liquid discharge. Not cured by medicine. Any cure? 20 hours later
Hello Dr.
Thanks for your answer. As you had asked, I don't suffer from any lower abdominal pain, radiating to the back, any diarrhea, blood in stool, mucus in stool, weight loss.
I feel a fish smelling liquid is woozing from the groin area between the anus and the lower testicles. Due to this my underwear is getting wet often and sticky and itching.
I used to suffer from Piles and I have taken tablets and applied cream in the last 2 years and I have a small lump in the entrance of the anus. During piles problem, I only get blood but not a sticky liquid like this. I am not able to take a picture of my whole buttocks and hence pls. advise.

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 10 minutes later
Ok. So this is more in the perineum area (groin is where the thigh meets the abdomen).
Such discharge in this area and from the anus as well is most likely caused by fistula between the skin and the rectum. This condition is caused by a small pathological canal which connects rectum and the skin in the area where you get this discharge. This canal allows bacteria form the rectum to infect the skin and soft tissues. This infection causes inflammation and gives such bad smelling discharge (what is a pus most likely).
This condition should be treated by general surgeon. I suggest you to visit your doctor, have rectal examination and either have incision in this area or (if any doubts) MRI of pelvis should be done.

Hope this will help.
Regards.

Hello Dr. I consulted General surgeon. He examined my rectum and confirmed that I have piles and need surgery. He says, instead of blood, the membrane of the piles is woozing serum. I have been wrongly diagnosed by skin doctors that i have rashes due to sweat. As I am not favouring surgery, Dr. prescribed ointment for rectum, skin cream and tablets. I hope I can recover but I do not want to get in to this pain again and again. Can you please advise me waht precautions I should take and life style changes I should make.
Thanks and Regards

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 8 hours later
Hello!

First of all you should make your stool soft. To do that, increase fiber XXXXXXX products and mineral water intake. Do not push hard on stool and avoid constipation. Physical activity should be increased what helps with bowels movement.
Sitz baths with Quercus Cortex should be also very helpful. Wash your rectum after every stool. Such treatment along with medicines prescribed by surgeon, should ease the symptoms however it wont cure hemorrhoids. The best way of treatment is surgery.

Hope this will help.
Regards.