Have itching, pain and burning sensation on thigh. Noticed flaky silver skin on foreskin. Treatment?

I have itchy pain in thighs and shiney skin burning sensation general blood tests say am all fine , noticed flaky silver skin on my forehead too . Been like this for 5 months varied Degree of discomfort pain though 5 month duration , noticed first symptoms really itchy below scrotum . Thanks
Posted Fri, 17 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Nirmala P 2 hours later
Thanks for asking in Healthcare Magic.

The itchy flaky silvery patches you have in scrotum and fore head could be due to Dermatophytosis. It is a fungal infection, It may be associated inflammatory reaction and that causes pain In males it more commonly involves the groin but spares the scrotum. It is usually seen as scaly red patches. In scalp it is associated with dandruff and hair loss.

Other possible reasons could be contact dermatitis or Psoriasis. The common type of psoriasis called plaque type psoriasis, there will be slowly enlarging silvery plaques that remain basically unchanged for a long time and most commonly involves gluteal cleft (inner aspect of thigh) and scalp.

Skin scrapings will help in diagnosis. Since physical examination of skin is necessary, you should consider visiting a Dermatologist and seek his/her opinion to confirm the diagnosis.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have other concerns.