Ask a Urologist   »  

Have interstitial cystitis. Cystoscopy shows raw bladder. Have pain and blood in urine. How do I get doctor to listen?

severe intersitial cysitisI have been diagnosed with severe Intersitial Cystitis. I had a cystoscopy done a week ago and was told I barely had any bladder lining left and that my bladder is raw. I am having flare ups so severe and the pain is so bad that I have been throwing up. I can't get my urologist to listen to me. I went to the er a week ago and feel I need to go again tonight. how do I get the er doctor to listen to me. there is blood in my urine as well. please help me.
Posted Fri, 24 Aug 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Pramod B Ramamurthy 4 hours later

Cystitis with hematuria can be caused by a lot of conditions including interstitial cystitis.

Pentosan Polysulphate Sodium (PPS) tablets help in regenerating the Glycosaminoglycan (GAG) in the bladder sub mucosa which is deficient in interstitial cystitis and give good pain relief. It is available in India as COMFORA which should be taken under supervision of the urologist.

Cystoscopy with hydrodistension of bladder under anaesthesia helps to relieve symptoms for 6 months to 1 year.

Hope this helps. Please do write back for further discussion on this.