Have infection in inner thighs near the skin fold. No itching but turns red after rubbing. Suggest?

Hello Dr, i have some infection in my inner thighs.. its near the skin fold. It stinks badly and i dont have any itch. if i rub on the infected skin area it turns red. i gues its because of sweating. Please advice how to get rid of it.
Posted Wed, 18 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 38 minutes later
Brief seems to be fungal infection.
Detailed answer...
It is very common to get fungal infection in groin region and under your scrotum because it is a moist and warm area which is very conducive for fungal growt.
Keep area dry.
Wear loose citation underwear.
Please expose the part for some time to air.
Use CLOTRIMAZOLE ointment in the area twice a day and once it becomes all right,use it for another 1 week.
Apply MYCODERM powder in day time.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Follow-up: Have infection in inner thighs near the skin fold. No itching but turns red after rubbing. Suggest? 11 hours later
Sir, thanks for your quick reply. I have some further questions.

1. Can this fungal infection transmit to my partner (spouse) ? Should I keep away from my spouse till i get well?
2. Can I continue to use the same inner wares ? I just thought if i use the same inner wares the infection may return after a while ?
3. After i get well ...should i continue to use the dusting powder daily? is it ok to use the dusting powder 'daily' even after the infection has been cured?
4. What should i do to avoid this infection from returning?

Thanks in advance for your answers.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 18 minutes later
I will answer your questions one by one.
1... Yes,you can pass this infection to your wife by way of sexual activity,sharing of your towels,by the bedding etc.Wash your bed sheet in boiling water.
2... You can use your inner wears after washing them with boiling water and use loose and cotton wears only.
3... Such type of infections normally take 2-3 weeks to clear,but since the infection tends to clear in few days,you must continue applying ointment and powder for complete 3 weeks.
4... As I told you above,keep the private parts dry,wear cotton and loose under wears and don't share your towels with other people.