Have incomplete behecet. Kidney pain, stomach and lower back pain, blood in urine. Ultrasound shows lesions. Is it benign or malignant?

Urologist
Question
Dear Sir,
This is AAAA,aged 31 from Chennai, suffering from Incomplete Behecet for the past 3 years. I am having a left kidney pain for the past 10 days. Yesterday I went to one hospital in Chennai and doctor suggest me to take Ultrasound abdomen. Ultrsound report shows that I have ill defined hypoechoic lesions in the midpole of left kidney.
I have stomach and lower back pain but no fever, blood in theurine. Urine test report shows that no RBC and urine color is straw yellow/clear.
Could you please suggest me what to do next, Is it benign tumor or malignant? I am not sure but out of curiosity I am requesting you to give further steps.
Thanks much
XXXXXXX
Chennai
Posted Fri, 21 Sep 2012 in Kidney Conditions

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 25 minutes later
Hi
Thanks for writing the XXXXXXX
The ultraound report and your clinical presentation -to me - is suggestive of infection in the kidney. It may progress to pus collection and so u need to be on strict followup.

If i were your clinician, I would proceed this way,

1. Do urine culture - give a course of antibiotics and followup ultrasound scan or
2. Do CT SCAN - FOR BETTER EVALUATION OF THE KIDNEYS.
I can comment better if u can scan the ultrasound report or at least mention the size of the lesion.
Get well soon,
Kindly get back with the full report,
Dr GS

Follow-up: Have incomplete behecet. Kidney pain, stomach and lower back pain, blood in urine. Ultrasound shows lesions. Is it benign or malignant? 1 hour later
Dear Sir,
Thanks for the prompt reply. The lesion size is 2.7x2.5. In the previous week I was taking norflox 400 for 7 days but no relief.
I had taken test for urine culture, report shows that no RBC present , PH vlaue 6.0 and urine colour is straw yellow/clear.
I also have mild fatty liver but SGPT,SGOT are in incontrol.
Thanks
AAAAA G

Follow-up: Have incomplete behecet. Kidney pain, stomach and lower back pain, blood in urine. Ultrasound shows lesions. Is it benign or malignant? 18 minutes later
15 days back I had BP 160 sir. Yesterday BP was not checked.

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later
Hi Mr AAAAA

Thanks for your reply with the lesion size.
You need better antibiotics and your physician will guide you on the same - based the urine culture report. BP need to be rechecked as well.
Normally for this condition, antibiotics are recommended for 2 to 3 weeks.
Meanwhile a followup ultrasound is necessary afte about one week to check for the response.
Once antibiotic is changed and pain killers added, you should improve.
Get well soon,
Dr GS

Follow-up: Have incomplete behecet. Kidney pain, stomach and lower back pain, blood in urine. Ultrasound shows lesions. Is it benign or malignant? 9 minutes later
Thanks much for your valuable suggestion. A bit relief now.

Hi Mr AAAAA

Wishing u best health.
Kindly update me on your health progress.

Dr GS