Ask a Urologist   »  

Have huge kidney stone stuck in uterus. Suggest natural remedy to take it out?

General Surgeon
Question
I have a huge kidney stone stuck in the uterus. is the only method is surguery. eswl procedural or a procedure . i would like to do a natural redemy. can the stone be dissolved with natural foods.
i do not know how largeit is but cat scan said it is large. can it be dissolved without surgury
Posted Fri, 11 Oct 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
It could be in the Ureter.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for posting in XXXXXXX

Most probably,stone from the kidney might have passed down and got stucked in the Ureter.

Management depends on the size of the stone. Stones upto 6-7mm can be dissolved by medicines. There are no natural methods to dissolve it. In india,there are medicines in Ayurveda, Homeopathy for dissolution.
In allopathy, there is no good drug to dissolve it.

If it is more than 8mm, it had to be removed. Now a days,there is no need to give a cut on the abdomen. Through the urethra and under video guidance, wire is passed upto the stone and by shock waves it gets fragmented. Then, the big pieces are removed by an instrument. Minute ones pass in the urine.

I request you to XXXXXXX an Urologist and proceed accordingly.

Hope I answered your query.

Any further questions will also be clarified. Please let me know the exact size of the stone.

Wish you speedy recovery

Follow-up: Have huge kidney stone stuck in uterus. Suggest natural remedy to take it out? 2 hours later
i already had went to a urologist. it was told to get the stone removed.. she didnot tell me the exact size and told me to come in the next appointment 4 days later for surgury. can i get a second option first . she said it is urguent because kidney is swollen. because the stone is in the uterous. it is a blockage. again , can i get a second opinion

Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can go for a second opinion

Detailed Answer:
Hi

If the stone is completely blocking the ureter, the part above the block and the kidney will be enlarged. It is important that the kidney size gets back to normal, since it may affect it.

Again the size of the stone is very important.

The other kidney will be functioning and passage of urine is not a problem.

You can go for a second opinion and proceed.

Follow-up: Have huge kidney stone stuck in uterus. Suggest natural remedy to take it out? 1 hour later
my doctor said her next available is in a month. the stone is blocking the ureter.
either i have it in four days or a month. can i wait a month for the next appointment for a second opinion. yes or no. i really do not want the procedure .. what do u mean dissolve with homepathy

Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You cannot wait for a month

Detailed Answer:
Hi

You cannot wait for a month as it is completely blocking the ureter.

If you have no option, please follow what the first doctor has said. If the procedure is done without a cut, you can proceed. Sometimes, you have to go for a procedure. No role of medicines. If the second doctor also says about the procedure required, then you will be left with no option.

My advice is to go with your first doctor.

Homeopathy is an alternative medicine. It has oral medicines which may dissolve small stones. I do not have an idea whether they are available in your place.

Wish you a speedy recovery