Have huge abscess on cheek filled with pus and smells of garlic. Cause?

I have a huge abscess on my cheek its filled with puss that's smells of garlic ...? What does that smell mean ?
Posted Sun, 20 Oct 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Bacterial or fungal infection

Detailed Answer:

The garlicky or foul smelling abscess usually harbor either bacteria or fungal strains.

I suggest you to get a culture sensitivity test of the pus from the abscess. The test identified the organism and also provides a list of antibiotics which are active against the infection.

Treating with the same antibiotic would cure the infection and help in healing.

Hope, I answered your query.