Have high blood pressure. Taking sleeping pills. Reason for tiredness all the time?

My grandma 75yrs had blood pressure of 210/100 so, we visited a doctor, after medication now it is 150/90, she took sleeping pills as prescribed by doctor.... but she is very tired now... can't wake up from bed... and also she is not hungry., advice
Posted Thu, 21 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 8 hours later
Brief Answer: soft food, electrolytes,monitor ecg,BP,electrolyte Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX thanks for using XXXXXXX Since your grand mother's BP is controlled now you be relaxed. For reducing BP your doctor might have used diuretics, and feeling tiredness and decreased appetite may be due to diuresis. Kindly let me know which drug was used for reducing BP. Keeping her age and present condition in mind, get done serum electrolytes level, ECG, blood glucose level and need to monitor BP. For now give her soft food and plenty of fluids with electrolytes (use ORS). She needs to be under observation. Hope this helps you and feel free to ask if any related queries. I will be glad to answer them. Wish your grandma faster recovery and good health. Regards