Have high blood pressure. Feeling chest pain, doziness and sweating when climbing stairs. Suggest

Hi i have higb blood pressure. I am on medication for it. Lately if i climb stairs i get a burning sharp pain in my chest some diziness and sweating
Posted Sun, 2 Jun 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Omer 6 days later

I am Dr Omer and I am here to answer your question regarding your health. I am really sorry to hear about your problem.

As you have told that you are a patient of single kidney with agenesis or absent one kidney, having chest pain with sweating on exersion like climbing stairs. Since your age is 29 years with blood pressure taking co diavon containing valsartan and thiazide, a diuretic (meaning increased urination)

Patients with single kidney have the potential for developing blood pressure with heart disease mostly mitral valve disease of heart. Angina is a symptom of heart, meaning pain in chest with sweating and dizziness, indicates valve problem or vessel narrowing.

I would suggest you to go to a cardiologist for echocardiogrqphy with ett to test your valves and vessel narrowing. Both of above diseases that is valve and vessel problems are totally treatable but if you treat it early.

Do tell your cardiologist about your single kidney. Ultrasound kidney with kidney function test
would also be required.

I will be happy to answer your any further queries

Hope this helps a bit