Have high BP, taking Aquazide. Suggest how to reduce?

I have hbp,i dont know to control,it gives so much trouble in all ways,im taking aquazide12.5 everyday,kindly suggest how to reduce the bp
Posted Wed, 4 Sep 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Kappan 8 hours later

Thanks for asking at XXXXXXX

It is bad that you are having high blood pressure at such an early age. But, it is good that you are under treatment and that you want to get it to normal. High blood pressure is a life style disorder. To get it controlled, we need certain life style changes along with medication. Please do the following so that, it would help in complementing your treatment.

- Stress reduction- Practice yoga, early morning walking, meditation etc, to bring down your stress levels.
- Regular exercise at least for 45 minutes daily.
- Avoid junk food.
- Reduce salt intake in food.
- Drink 2 glasses of water daily morning in empty stomach.
- During your work, make sure you get up from the seat and walk around every hour.

I hope I had been able to guide you. Let me know if you have any further doubts. Wishing you good health.