Have hepatic lesion which is hypoechoic focus and vascular. Had itching on forearms and symptoms of hypoglycemia. Give the real statistics?

I Have a hepatic lesion. It is 1.5 cm, hypoechoic focus oval, and vascular. This past year i have been to my gp for unexplainable itching on forearms, fatigue, symptoms of hypoglycemia. I had bloodwork done twice and failed all lfts both times which lead to a sonogram. I am a 41 year old male 168 pounds 5 11.5, non-smoker, and maybe drink socially once a month. I Workout 3 to 4 times a week and i am an avid soccer player. The lesion does not appear to be an hemangione. I am scheduled for an mri with a hepatic surgeon but would like to know real statistics for this type of situation concerning malignancy. Know one really will give me anything but having a background in statistical analysis I am certain these figures exist. Thank you for your time.
Posted Thu, 24 Oct 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Anjana Rao Kavoor 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
MRI statistics in indeterminate liver lesions.

Detailed Answer:
Hello Mr.XXXX,
Thankyou for writing to WWW.WWWW.WW
There is a study done on indeterminate liver lesions published in the year 2007 in the journal HPB : The Official Journal of the International Hepato Pancreato Biliary Association (Oxford). In this research, 124 such lesions in 96 patients were evaluated. The final evaluation was done through MRI and these lesions were classified as indeterminate even on CT scan studies.

In brief, MRI definitely characterized 73 lesions (58%) that were indeterminate on CT. MRI was accurate in 72/73 of these lesions. MRI could not definitely characterize 51 lesions (42%). Ten lesions were not visualized on MRI, and follow-up imaging confirmed that no lesion was present in eight of these cases (pseudolesions).

A benign etiology was verified in 90 lesions by histology (n=31), intra-lesional fluid aspiration and cytology with additional CT follow-up (n=5), tagged red blood cell nuclear scans (n=7), serial cross-sectional imaging (n=41), or clinical follow-up (n=6). Serial cross-sectional imaging was performed with CT (n=16), MRI (n=13), sonography (n=2), a combination of CT and MRI (n=6), or a combination of CT and sonography (n=4).

Blinded readers classified each lesion under 1 of 13 possible diagnoses including cyst, hemangioma, focal nodular hyperplasia (FNH), adenoma, focal fatty infiltration or focal fatty sparing, infection, vascular, traumatic, other benign, HCC, cholangiocarcinoma, metastasis, and other malignant lesions.

The researchers found a relatively large number of hemangiomas (n=34), cysts (n = 18), metastases (n=15), HCC (n=14), and FNH (n=13). They also encountered a relatively high number of pseudolesions (n=8).

The complete article can be found by clicking the following link
Any further queries are welcome.
I hope this helps,
Dr. A Rao Kavoor