Have heart disease, had stent put. Experienced tightness in throat, on BP medicine. Have neck pain. Suggest?

General Surgeon
I am 61 year old male and have heart disease. I had a stent put in almost 3 years ago. Back in early August while unloading the car I experienced a tightness in my throat and a few times after that while doing yard work. I am on medication for blood pressure and cholesterol. Blood pressure runs 83/133 . Also am experiencing some pain in my neck and rubbing of vertebrae in my neck. My doctor added some nitroglycerine to my medication list but wants me to have a heart XXXXXXX What's your opinion
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Heart Attack
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Cardiologist should decide about coronarography.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for the query.

Generally its cardiologist who should decide about coronarography, not your regular doctor. For sure, as heart arteries disease has been diagnosed, you are at higher risk of heart attack. Even after stent insertion, this arteries can get obstructed again. Tightness in the chest is one of the heart issue symptom.
I suggest you to visit a cardiologist. Stress test should be done and coronarography considered indeed. It may happen that heart surgery might be necessary in the future.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.