Have headaches and eye feels tired. On medication for UTI. What should I do?

I have had bad headaches for a week which did not respnd to Paraceptomol.Iboprofen or Migraleve.My eyes felt tired and so I went to Doctor and he is treating me for a recurring UTI. The headaches were still there but abated and now my eye blood arteries are very red.The doctor suggested I see an opthalmologist. I cannot see one till next week. I have been regularly screened for high pressure in the eyes as I was always on the borderline.My optemetrist in UK said the pressures were on high side but nothing to worry about. The headaches are now responding to pain killers and I am taking 500 g paraceptomol and 400 iboprofin every 12 hours. the eyes are still red though, Is there anything I can do till I get to specialist next week and do you think my UTI is connected?
Posted Tue, 18 Dec 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 3 hours later
thanks for sending your query to us.
headaches responding to paracetamol and ibuprofen is as such no treatment.We usually like to treat the cause.
Usual causes of such headaches other than what we label as tension headache,B.P.,sinusitis,eye and blood suger changes.
UTI can cause headache via raising BP.
All parameters are to be evaluated in your case by an internist,including your thyroid level ,repeat suger assessment and BP monitoring and intra ocular pressure measurement.
Since UTI is an obvious factor but that should not prevent us from looking for some other reason.
In the meanwhile continue with ibu para combination in slightly lesser dosage.
Try to fix up an appointment with a general medicine physicion also.
any difficulty please do get back to me.
Follow-up: Have headaches and eye feels tired. On medication for UTI. What should I do? 10 minutes later
Thank you. My BP has been monitored and fluctuates a lot but nothing too high{according to my Doctor. It ranges form 125 over 80 to 153 over 90.I am presuming there is nothing I can buy otc in the meantime
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 4 hours later
Thanks for getting back to us.
Your BP looks fine and that is not a cause of concern.
In such cases we always like to add a mild tranquilizer but i am sure that it is not available otc in UK.
Add some multi vitamin tablet to your diet and at times it helps.
do get back to me in case of any further query.