Have headache, arthritis and recurrent sinus infection. Taking lipitor, avalide and ultracet. Alternative for ultracet?

ENT Specialist
Question
Yes, I am trying to find Ultracet. Have used this for headache pain, arthritis, and all-over general pain. I previously ordered from Friendly Clinic, but I see they are no longer on here. My name is:

XXXXXX

Other meds I now take: Lipitor, Avalide, Zetia, Synthroid, Celebrex,

Age: 71
Hgt. 5 ft. 6 in.
Wt. 160 lbs.
Any suggestions you could provide as to recurrent sinus infections would be
appreciated
Posted Sat, 20 Apr 2013 in Arthritis

Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 1 hour later

Thank you for your query.

1. You may try for another brand of paracetamol & tramadol. Ultracet semi may be available.

2. Get a plain CT PNS (Para Nasal Sinuses) done and upload the images (not the report) here for an accurate assessment of your chronic sinusitis.

3. Regular steam inhalation, anti-allergic mucolytics and steroid nasal sprays may help.

4. Balloon Sinuplasty is a new alternative to traditional surgery.

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.

Regards.

Follow-up: Have headache, arthritis and recurrent sinus infection. Taking lipitor, avalide and ultracet. Alternative for ultracet? 4 hours later
Would you please send me the Ultracet you referenced. Have taken Tramadol and it does not seem to help me. Any kind of medicine for light to moderate pain would be helpful. I ask that you send me something of this kind.

I recently had a cat-scan of my sinuses. Perhaps I can send you a copy of the report. I am also seeing my ENT dr. this coming Thursday, but I seem to be a very complicated case with this. I need help to keep me from getting these infections so often. Last year it was all of October; this year it was all of February. Suffering so within 3 short months of this was extremely painful and I am still rather weak. I take Zyrtec and Mucinex D when I first feel like I'm having a spell. If I can catch it early, it may not last a month. However, I usually always end up taking 2 strong antibiotics as it really pulls me down.

Thank you,
XXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 4 hours later

Thank you for writing back.

1. You will have to get a prescription of your local physician to procure these medications.

2. You may attach the Scan report. Images of the Scan would be a better option for an unbiased assessment.

Regards.