Have hashimotos and anxiety. Felt bruise on legs. Hurts to touch. Any ideas?

Question
I have a bruised like feeling along the top of both my legs. It hurts to touch them. No bruises present. I have hashimotos and anxiety. I had the flu 2 weeks ago and still recovering. I'm EXTREMELY fatigued. Any ideas?
Posted Tue, 8 Jan 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 2 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX,
Thanks for writing in. I dont think extreme weakness is due to Hashimoto's especially if your recent TSH value was in normal range. If you not got your TSH repeated in recent past I suggest you go for it now. Weakness seems to related your recent bout of flu. If your lab tests are all normal now I advise you to take multi vitamin supplements, calcium & vitamin D supplementation. You can also take vitamin B12 along with the above. Try this treatment for 2-3 weeks and if you find no improvement then consult a physician for proper evaluation and lab tests.
Hope this helps.
Shivaprasad