Have hardened vein in scrotum. Getting erection and ejaculation problem. Proper diagnosis?

Thank you. I have a hardend vein in my scrotum. It feels like it leds directly to mt left testicle though I'm not sure if it really does. I have been havent problems with both maintaining and erection and reaching ejaculation. Can you tell me what this might mean?
Posted Sat, 4 May 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 54 minutes later
Hello and welcome to XXXXXXX

Thank you for writing to us.

First of all, are you sure this is a new development and was not something present earlier (a part of the normal anatomy, that you might not have noticed earlier)? Also are you experiencing any testicular pain? If you are sure this is nothing that was present earlier, and is definitely something new, then you should visit a doctor for an examination and accordingly get treated.

The condition you could most probably be suffering from is called varicocele. A varicocele is/are dilated or tortuous veins of the spermatic cord. Varicocele's are mostly unilateral (one-sided), although they can be bilateral (both sided) as well, and are most commonly seen on the left side.

Diagnosis mainly consists of a physical examination by a doctor and checking of hormonal levels. An ultrasound of the testes is also occasionally done to analyze the condition of the testes on the affected side.

Treatment almost always consists of watchful waiting or surgical repair (but only if the problems/symptoms of the varicocele are troublesome).

Thus I request you to please visit your doctor for a proper and elaborate evaluation. I hope you found my response helpful and informative. Do write back to me for any further clarifications, and I would be happy to help.

Best wishes.
Follow-up: Have hardened vein in scrotum. Getting erection and ejaculation problem. Proper diagnosis? 20 minutes later
could this be the cause of my erection problem/deminished/inability to ejaculate?
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 13 minutes later
Hello once again.

If you have been experiencing these complaints of inability or diminished erection and problems with ejaculation only most recently and not from before the varicocele were present, then this could indeed be because of the varicocele. These symptoms are commonly seen with varicocele.

Do not worry, please visit your doctor at the earliest for proper management and prior to that, a diagnosis of your condition.

Wishing you the best.