Have hard spots on the back. What it could be?

Sep 2012

I have a spot on my back which feels like a hard shell. My daughter says is black with skin coloured XXXXXXX hole" in middle. Not very large.
Posted Wed, 2 Jan 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 40 minutes later

Thank you for posting a query.

The lesion you described sounds like an epidermal cyst. These are very benign accumulation of keratinous material. But, it should be confirmed by clinical examination.

All you have to do is to consult a general surgeon for clinical examination. If required, investigations like Fine needle aspiration cytology should be considered. And lastly, excision is required. If clinically required, you can also consult with a skin specialist.

Hope this information is suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.