Have hard lump under skin. Hurts to touch. What is causing this?

my son has a hard lump right under the skin of his sideburn. it hurts when touched. he also has really bad acne now and wondering if this may be a cause
Posted Mon, 29 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 9 minutes later
Please provide a bit more detail about the problem, since how long he is having acne-whether on any treatment.
Since when is this lump and it's exact site, whether there are the acne eruptions in that area.
If you can load a photograph in the attachment it would be very helpful for me to optimize the diagnosis.
Hope I have answered your query.
If you have any questions I will be happy to answer.
Please close the query if you have no other questions.
Wish you a good health.