Have hard lump on lip with swelling and pain. Suggest

I have a hard lump on the left inside of my lip. Arrived yesterday. Woke this morning with swelling. Pain now going up to the left eye. The lump in oblong, no blister. Hurts however but there is not head on it. I have no teeth issues and just had a dental check up one month ago.
Posted Sun, 23 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 2 hours later
Thanks for your query

From the description of the skin lesion that you have provided, it looks like you have developed a localized mucosal infection.
Before coming to the exact diagnosis, I would like to have a look at the exact skin condition. It would be great if you can click some close up pictures of the same and upload them here on this page. You can also email the pictures on YYYY@YYYY with heading as ref to 'Dr Geetika Paul'.
Now since the skin lesion is causing severe associated pain and swelling, you might need a course of oral antibiotics and anti inflammatory drugs.
Also I would like to know certain more things from you.
Is there history of any trauma prior to the development of the skin lesion in the form of lip bite?
Any fluid filled lesion at the site?
Any associated fever?

I am sure that I will be able to help you more once you follow up with the pictures and the above details.

Waiting for your response
Dr Geetika Paul