Have had sore throat and flu like symptoms. Noticed red and itchy bumps on skin. Suggest some cure

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have had a sore throat and lethargic like flu symptoms for a week or so now. I have also been sneezing and have a bad chest but put it down to hayfever bringing on my asthma. Also about a week ago I noticed a few red bumps on mt skin which were very itchy and them down to insect bites after spending a lot of time sitting on grass in a park. However more seem to be popping up everywhere and spreading, so im beginning to think it could all be connected symptoms??
Posted Thu, 23 Aug 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
It appears that you could be having possible Viral fever which is supported by headache, feeling feverish, running nose, cough and a generalized body rash.

Fever is when temperature is 100 degree farenheit or more usually. Normal body temperature is usually 98.6 degree farenheit.

Usually viral fevers will subside on their own within a week or two unless they get complicated.

You can do steam inhalation for relief. Keep well hydrated with plenty if warm fluids and especially fruit juices.

For cold symptoms you may apply 2 drops of saline nasal drops to each nostril twice a day for relief.

Keep warm, avoid exposure to cold as this could aggravate the problem.

Eat plenty of fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables. Eat high protein diet like cereals, pulses, chicken, lean meat, eggs.

You can take cough suppressants if the cough is not subsiding. Also if yellow colour sputum or shortness of breath develops then you may need to consult with your Doctor.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.