Have had shingles of the face and scalp. Having intense itching. Myopia? Had cataract surgery

I have had shingles of the face and scalp and for the most part, am on the healing side. This is on right side of my having intense itching right up against my eye, corner, and eyebrow and also eyesight seems blurry as if my old myopia had returned ( had cataract surgery) there ointment or drops safe to go in or near eye that will stop intense packs just help for a minutes.....
Posted Fri, 5 Apr 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 3 hours later
My Dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.
I have a suspicion that you had herpez zoster.
For this itching you may have calamine lotion,which is a soothing lotion and if further medication is required then anti allergic tablets may be taken once a day.
In case of any further query in this regard please do get back to me.