Have had intermittent, recurring headaches. Had lower wisdom teeth extracted. Any relation?

I've had intermittent, recurring headaches for the past four months, all of them localized near my left temple, though occasionally spreading to the back left of my head. The headaches are mild to moderate; usually just a nagging annoyance. They tend to last 15 minutes to an hour, a few times each day. No other symptoms. I have never suffered from recurring headaches before. Don't know if it's relevant, but I did have my lower wisdom teeth extracted about 2 or 3 weeks before the headaches began.
Posted Thu, 28 Mar 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 1 hour later

Thanks for the query,

I have noted your problem.

Let me tell you that headache can be due to many causes like tension headache, migraine, infection in the brain, tumor and problem in the blood vessels of the brain. Further, associated complaints like vomiting, presence/absence of weakness of one side etc will help us narrow down the diagnostic possibilities.

Based upon the limited information you have provided, I think that the possibilities in your case could be tension headache or migraine headache. Please note that these are the diagnoses of exclusion, I mean other causes listed above need exclusion.

I will advise you to be evaluated by a local neurologist and he will examine you for the presence of any neurological deficit. This will help us to decide about the need of brain scan in your case.

If the scan is normal, you will benefit with a course of amitriptyline and regular exercises, avoidance of stress and relaxation

I hope that I have clarified your query,
Please let me know in case you have any concern

Best wishes