Have had excessive flatulence, clay coloured stools, feeling constipated and headache. Any cure?

Hi Dr, over he last few days I have had excessive flatulence and my stools are clay coloured. I have also been constipated and have headaches. Could u pls help? Regards XXXXXX
Posted Tue, 28 Aug 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later

Thanks for the query

I would like to know more abut your condition in order to help you better

1. How many times in a week do you pass motion?
2. Do you have any pain while passing motion? or do you have pain just above the umbilicus
3. Any recent change in your diet?

Please get back to me, I am awaiting your reply

Follow-up: Have had excessive flatulence, clay coloured stools, feeling constipated and headache. Any cure? 38 minutes later
I have only passed a motion once in approx 10days. ONly smaller motions indicative of constipation.
No pain, alot of straining
No dramatic changes in my diet. I did go to the snow for a weekend and had to eat as healthy as I could with the options provided.

The colour is still pale colour, and I have just found out I am preganant, could this be a cause?
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 9 hours later
well I do not think the pregnancy has anything to do with it but congratulations on the pregnancy, pregnancy may cause constipation in later stages not so early,

As far the constipation is concerned start eating high fibre food drink lots of fluids do try banana as it helps in passing motion and eat at regular intervals.
For now you can have 15 ml of syrup lactulose at night and once your bowel habits are normal have a proper diet with high fibre.
wishing you a speedy recovery,
take care