Have had diarrhea. Have bloating and gas with discomfort in lower back. Suggest?

I have had diarrhea for 4 weeks now. I have bloating and gas.
Diarrhea started dark at first and is now light yellows brown. Very bad smelling.
My diet has not changed
Happens during night, in morning, I don't eat lunch if I have to go out and happens 1-2 hours after I eat.
My lower back is uncomfortable
Posted Mon, 2 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Chronic diarrhea needs proper evaluation.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for your query.

Four weeks duration of diarrhea is suggestive of Chronic diarrhea. And based on the consistency and bad odour, I think this could be due to gastroenteritis caused by any bacterial infection. In this circumstance, I would recommend you tests to understand the nature and type infection. Stool examination and stool culture / sensitivity test are in order. Going further I would start you on empirical antibiotic therapy to take care of common infections along with probiotics.

As the test needs to be tailored according to your general condition, I urge you to see your local physician. Besides that, you will need a prescription to obtain antibiotics from your pharmacy.

Hope the answer helps your. Pleased to answer other queries.