Have had bones crack. What can be done?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
My bones crack,is that bad?and what can i do to stop it?
Posted Wed, 22 May 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 51 minutes later
The painless crackling sound in the joints is not worrisome. This is a normal physiological finding.
Sometimes as a normal phenomena, fluid (synovial fluid) that lubricates the joint releases bubbles which pop and crackle with movement. This occurs very commonly after a period of inactivity or during certain movements. This causes a painless crackling sound in the joints on movement.

You don't need to worry if there is no associated joint pain; but you have to do some conditioning exercises to improve the overall integrity of the joints - stronger muscles will take the weight of the joint and help to reduce the pressure on articulating surfaces, thus preventing any damage to the joint.
You can consult a physical therapist for proper guidance.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.