Have had CBC done. What does report suggests?

Dec 2012

My cbc report results were MCH low 25.2 WBC 3.8 and IGM 273... What does that mean??? Is this dangerous?? Im very worried and scared..ive been having on and off diarhhea and feeling tired
Posted Tue, 17 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
slightly lower values from normal ranges

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

For adults, the reference range of MCH (mean corpuscular hemoglobin) is between 27-33pg/cell and yours is 25.2 which is slightly lower. MCH expresses the average (mass,weight) content of hemoglobin per red cell which in clinical practice traduces a form or type of anemia, in this case hypochromic and your case (given your recurrent diarrhea episodes) in could be explained by the fact that you might be getting dehydrated, hence red cells loosing some volume.
Your WBC (white cell count) is slightly below normal (reference ranges: 4-11 x 10 9/l) which could indirectly say you are having less cells that fight against illnesses (immunodepression) and in some people, 3.8 could be quite normal. If i was to manage your case, I would run some tests such as HIV serology, diabetes and other tests to find out if any underlying diseases condition that could cause immunodeficiency. IGM simply traduces that you have had a recent infection.
I will like to know if a stool exams +/- culture was equally done as the cause of the diarrhea has to be determined (if not due to an underlying diseases). Depending on the cause of the diarrhea you might require antibiotics and maybe antidiarrhea medications.

Hope this helps and wish you the best.
Dr. Nsah