Have guttate psoriasis and an immune disorder. Have itchy and dry skin near vagina. Any solution?

Hi Im 21 and for the past couple months i have had issues down there . the skin is dry and itchy. I have small tears. tears in the skin and its very uncomfortable. i had my check up right before this started. no studs or infections. i do have guttate psoriasis and an immune disorder. Help please. it makes sex unbearable and its starting to look discoloured and with white dry spots that look like my psoriasis.
Posted Tue, 8 Jan 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
The tears and itchy skin near vagina is likely to be due to vulvovaginitis or psoriasis. It can happen due to chafing or friction rub during intercourse or an infection caused by bacteria or yeast. The other reason can be an allergic reaction to soaps, detergents, shower gel and condoms etc.
Apply cold compresses and wear cotton undergarments. Oral anti inflammatories like ibuprofen/acetaminophen are also helpful but they should be taken after a prescription from your doctor. Till that time, follow these simple lifestyle measures:

1) Avoid rough intercourse/ masturbation and use a water based lubricant during intercourse.
2) Wear cotton underwear and avoid douching or using feminine products.
3) Avoid using perfumed soaps and sanitary napkins, bubble baths and toiletries.
4) Change the undergarment daily, wash it in hot water and double rinse (to remove any irritating detergent) and take adequate nutrition and sleep.
You can apply an anti septic cream like neosporin or polysporin on the area along with 1% hydrocortisone ointment for relief.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.