Have gum infection. Having pain in ear and also swelling. Dosage of amoxicillin?

For gum infection , pain in the ear and pain when swallowing what is the correct dosage of taking amoxicillin 250 mg? Is it 3 times a day?
Posted Tue, 2 Jul 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 1 hour later

Thank you for writing to XXXXXXX

For gum infection dose of Amoxicillin is 500mg three times daily, usually most of my patients will have diarrhea, nausea as side effects. For pain during swallowing I usually prescribe NSAIDS (non-steroidal prescription from your treating physician.

A prescription mouth rinse containing an antimicrobial called chlorhexidine can be very helpful.
Along with that, brush your teeth twice a day (with a fluoride toothpaste).

Floss regularly to remove plaque from between teeth or use a device such as a special brush or wooden or plastic pick recommended by a dental professional.

Visit the dentist routinely for a check-up and professional cleaning.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept it.

Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile