Have got high number in liver test. Taking fat burners and energy pills. Related?

Hello I got a high number on my liiver test it's 50 and I guess normal suppose to be 40, I been taking fat burners and energy pills for 3 days , would this be a reason why my results are not normal. Please help me I am really scared. XXXXX
Posted Thu, 1 Aug 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 41 minutes later

Thanks for writing your query.

Firstly, the number at 50 is just above the normal. It is not high. Clinically, it is not significant to cause any medical alert.

The FDA does not approve most of the fat burners and energy pills. Please read the prescribing information carefully before you start taking them. It is possible that these are the reasons for your results not being normal.

There is nothing for you to be scared of now. Please relax and think on the lines that I just mentioned.

You may want to repeat the test after 3 months.