Have gastric problem, pain in neck, shoulder and head. How to get relief?

I have one problem that sometime i have started neck ache & shoulder ache and then it transferred to my head on one side..sometime it goes continuously after taking pills also upto 2-3 days..i have gastric problem also. plz suggest wat to do? frequency of pain is one a week mostly on saturday or sunday.
Posted Mon, 20 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 35 minutes later

One of the possibilities for your symptoms is of cervical spondolysis. Cervical spondolysis is due to the age-related degeneration ('wear & tear') of the vertebrae and discs in the neck region. This can cause compression of the nerves and hence pain.

Apply warm compresses on the area and take some over the counter anti-inflammatory pain killer like Iburpofen or Diclofenac after consulting your doctor. Application of topical muscle relaxants like Volini or DFO gel will also help. Cervical spondolysis also responds to anti-inflammatory drugs and cervical collars and traction.

It is also better if you correct any posture imbalances that you may have, whether in a sitting posture or in a standing posture like you should avoid sitting on computers for long. It is also very important to make sure that the pillow you use under your head is the correct size and thickness for your body. Make adjustments in your diet and add lots of calcium XXXXXXX foods like curd, milk etc in your diet.

If the symptoms still persist then you may need steroid injections or surgical approach (as last approach).

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.