Have gained weight. Worried for thyroid problem or diabetes

I have put weight on in the last year about a stone and half exercise eat healthy, just wanted to check if i had a thyriod problem or possibly Diabetic ?? or maybe just greedy??

I eat well and exercise
Posted Sat, 25 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Yes there can be a problem of hypothyroidism or insulin resistance ( pre diabetes ) .
You must consult your doctor and get tested for hypothyroidism by getting thyroid function tests done and get blood sugar levels testing done by getting fasting sugar,PP sugar and fasting levels of insulin estimation also done.
If these values come abnormal,then a proper treatment can be undertaken.
You can also adopt the following ...
...Limit  high density carbohydrates if you’re over 35, especially after 3PM. 
....Make sure you get at least 30 minutes of aerobic exercise daily. 
.....Incorporate stress management techniques like yoga or meditation into your daily routine. 
....take a good quality nutritional supplement & drink lots of water. 
Even if you don’t start losing weight immediately, you can at least correct the biological issues at play and put a stop to that unwanted weight gain once and for all.

I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck