Ask a Urologist   »  

Have fever, penis pain and noticed yellow pus coming from penis. Took flexon. Proper treatment?

28,march,2013 .....after 1:00 am night time, i was having pain in my penis, whole night, and i was also having little fever, but till morning fever is ok. Early in the morning when i wake up, then i noticed a yellow pus coming out from my penis.I see yellow fluid on top of my penis. Then i went to wash room, then i was having burning sensation while passing the urine. Then whole say i was little little yellow fluid is coming out from my penis and when i press the middle portion of my penis then also i feel pain inside the penis.Today is 29,march, 2013......i was having fever near by 4:00am then i took flexon medicine...for fever....but still yellow fluid is coming out and burning sensation and pain is there . Please tell me some medicine or proper treatment. and we are having holiday here till 30 march.
Posted Thu, 18 Apr 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 50 minutes later
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

From the description of your symptoms such as pus discharge from the penis with pain and fever, it appears that you are suffering from a genito-urinary infection. If you have had a recent unprotected sexual exposure, then this could be indicative of a sexually transmitted infection, like gonorrhoea.

The treatment of such a problem is with a course of appropriate antibiotics. So, you will first need to have a urine culture test and a pus swab test in order to identify the organism causing the infection, so that the appropriate antibiotic can be started. Without prompt antibiotic treatment, your symptoms are unlikely to get better and you may have complications like urethral scarring or stricture.

Since this is an extended holiday weekend, I would advise you to go to the emergency department of the nearest hospital and start antibiotic treatment as early as possible. Keep drinking plenty of fluids. For the fever, you can take paracetamol tablets once in every eight hours till the fever subsides.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar