Have fever, congested chest, red spots on chest and neck. Taking amoxicillin. Any suggestion?

Dec 2012

I started with fever, a type of flu, aches, but I noticed that I have red spots on my chest and neck
I am taking amoxicillin, I also have congestion chest
Posted Thu, 11 Apr 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 2 hours later

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX
It seems that you are having an allergic reaction to amoxicillin. You will require oral or topical steroid to get rid of the red spots.
It will also be important that you let a doctor check out the red spots to determine the cause and confirm if it is allergy or not. You might need to suspend taking of amoxicillin and switch to another class of antibiotics.

Hope this helps and wish you the best
Dr. Nsah