Have fever and headache. Noticed pimple around vagina and anus. Using clotrimazole. What is causing this?

Question
I have had flu since 4 days ago (with very high fever, headaches and, etc). The first day I noticed a pimple in my anus area (a little painful), the second day it remained and I noticed a pimple inside the labia of my vagina, and also white fungus around it (I had yeast infection for more than a year, doctor prescribed clotrimazole), so I put some in the vaginal area, and the white fungus went away but the bumps were still there. The third day, the pimples on the anus turned into two, and they started to itch, and I had blood (a little brownish) discharge from my vagina. Right now I put clotrimazole in both vagina and anus area and I feel a little relieved and I could even say they are reduced. But I'm worried what might be the cause?
Posted Thu, 23 May 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 55 minutes later

Based on the site involved, description of the lesions and the fact that the lesions are getting better with use of clotrimazole , I strongly suspect that the lesion you have could be due to fungal infection.

Do continue the Clotrimazole, this will cure the infection and help you to get rid of the infection permanently.

Do not scratch the lesions, this may result in spread of the infection from one site to other. Also take Tab Benadryl if the itching is intense.

Hope I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.

Follow-up: Have fever and headache. Noticed pimple around vagina and anus. Using clotrimazole. What is causing this? 5 minutes later
Dear Dr. XXXXXXX
Thank you very much for the helpful answer. I was really worried if I got herpes. I will continue using clotrimazole. I had another question, what's the cause of the brownish blood? Is it related to the yeast infection?

XXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 46 minutes later

Thanks for writing back.

Yes, yeast infections cause minor abrasion sin the vaginal mucosa which can bleed resulting in brownish discharge.

Wish you good health.