Have fatigue, muscle aches, fever, sinus infections. Diagnosed with fibromyalgia. Had CBC. Suggest?

ENT Specialist
Hi, I am 42 and have several symptoms including fatigue,muscle aches pain,low grade fever,several sinus infections and ear over the last few years. My last CBC showed WBC 10.6. Reference 4.6-10.2. Elevated ne# 7.3. Reference 2.0-6.9. Had a manual diff. Show meta yell 1 reference 0-0%. And toxic gran. Marked. Could you help? I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, so when I have some flares,I usually just disregard them. But I feel lousy. Doctors sending results to pathology. Could this be leukemia?
Posted Fri, 20 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Surely, it is a not a consequence of leukaemia.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for the query.,

Sinus infection, ear problem etc are not necessarily a consequence of leukaemia because it have many other associated problems which you don't have.

But doubt is our greatest enemy so please consult some pathology lab and get your bood histopathological exam done. I am sure the results will be with in normal limit.

In the mean time please consult an ear, nose and throat specialist for your sinus evaluation. Most probably you may have chronic sinusitis which is also causing your ear problems.

Hope this will help you and I am ready for follow ups.

Follow-up: Have fatigue, muscle aches, fever, sinus infections. Diagnosed with fibromyalgia. Had CBC. Suggest? 6 hours later
My sinus and ear are not present at this time, just past history. Wondering about my CBC numbers though and why they sent them to pathology.
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Hi again , the CBC values keeps on changing normal

Detailed Answer:
Hi again , the CBC values keeps on changing even after a slightest infection. And they sent to pathology just to confirm certain haematology findings. it is quite a normal condition.