Have facial rash and has spread on face and scalp. Burns and itches and getting numb. Cause?

Dermatologist
Question
Hi I'm female 20 years old I have a facial rash which started small and has spread over my entire face and scalp over 2 days the rash is bumpy but you can not visibly see it, it burns and is itchy and slowly getting numb, what could this be?
Posted Fri, 12 Jul 2013 in Beauty

Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 46 minutes later

It would be better if you can answer a few questions. It will help me come to a conclusion:

1. Did you take any medicine before the rash started?
2. Do you have any other disease?
3. Is there past history of such lesion?
4. Do you have such lesions anywhere other then face and scalp?
5. What about eye lids and lips - are they involved too?
6. Did you applied some cosmetics on face?

I know you mentioned the rash is not visible, however if there are any visual changes, I request you to upload a picture of the area. You can use the site's downloader to upload the pictures.

Please reply.,

Thanks.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD

Follow-up: Have facial rash and has spread on face and scalp. Burns and itches and getting numb. Cause? 5 hours later
Hi no I didn't take any medication, no disease and no medical history, only on my face and scalp and yes I have it on my lips and eyelids and no have not used new cosmetics

Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 3 hours later

Thanks for reply,

I think ,most probably you are having some allergic skin disease.

It may be contact allergic dermatitis.

Avoid soap application on face for few weeks.

Avoid sun exposure.

Take antihistaminics like levocetirizine till you get relief in itching.

Apply mild steroid cream like mometasone on face.

Do herbal shampoo twice aweek.

Avoid bringel,cows milk,milk products,fermentedfood,fish,prawns and eggs in diet.

Avoid stress and worries.

However, you consult nearby dermatologist to get perfect diagnosis and treatment.

I hope you might be satisfied with my answer.

Take care and be disease free.

Thanks.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD