Have eye pain and difficult time due to eye strain and headache. Is there any natural way to diminish the positive eye power?

I am 28 years of age and had only eye pain initially( 8-9 months back). When I got it checked for first time my eye power was +0.25 in both eyes and was prescribed for the same power glasses. But as at that point of time it didn't pose much problem so I avoided wearing glasses ( some people advised that once you wear glasses, power gradually increases and you can't never get them off) But now after 8-9 months I am having a difficult time due to eye strain and headaches. So I got my eyes checked again and the doctor told me that my eye power has uncreased to +0.75. He has prescribed me to wear +0.5 in both eyes as well as cylindrical +0.25 in left eye. Why am I having positive eye power at this age? It is supposed to come when I grow much older. Most of the people of my age I know have negative eye power. So why am I only having positive eye power and what are the causes of this? Is it genetic or I have strained my eyes too much due to work that it is not able to accommodate by its own ? I have also been told by some doctors that positive eye power would go away after wearing prescription glasses for some time, may be 3 to 6 months and may be a year or more. Is it true? And do I need to worry about cylindrical power? Is there any natural way to remedy all these problems or diminish the positive eye power? What should I do? Is there a possibility that I am having some neuro problem?
Posted Wed, 20 Nov 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 10 hours later
My Dear, Thanks for sending your query to us. such small apparent increase of power shows one aspect only tht is some defect in your life style. This is what should be managed by what we call as life style management . You can forego glasses for a while.What you have to do is to maintain proper diet,vegetables and sprouts,plenty of proteins and fruits. proper rest and exercises,including yoga and eye movement exercises including movement in right up gaze,left down,left up and rt down circular anticlock wise and clock wise movement. Along with that look for distance and focus for near. follow this for a while,in case of any further query in this regard,please do get back to me.
Follow-up: Have eye pain and difficult time due to eye strain and headache. Is there any natural way to diminish the positive eye power? 2 hours later
Dear Sir, Does that mean that I can regain my normal vision if I follow proper diet and right living style? I won't be needing glasses any further ? As on now, can I wear glasses to ease the strain and later on get rid of those ? And does power increase gradually when one wears glasses? I have heard that power grows gradually when one is young and stabilizes at the age of 22-23 years. So is mine going to be stable or it would get diminshed ?
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 5 hours later
My Dear, Thanks for getting back to us this is what i would expect that you will then not need glasses. The rationale behind dependence on glasses is that the muscles in the eye are like all skeletal muscles.These muscles when substiuted by glasses the capacity of muscles keep on reducing and the power keeps on increasing. That is the reason we would prefer you not to use glasses. At the same time glasses should be had to reduce the strain on the eye and spuse these glasses while near work or at the time of strain on the eyes. Take care of the general health and later on you may not need glasses at all. Do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.