Have excruciating headache. Paracetamol couldn't help. Any treatment?

Nov 2013

my husband has an excrutiating headache and the paracetamol hasn't worked, he's very distressed, (tired and cold), I don't know what to do for him; it's nearly 9pm and I don't drive.
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 27 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

If paracetamol has not worked, then you can try tablet ibuprofen or diclofenac.

If he has no warning symptoms to suggest something serious, you can try to manage at home. The warning symptoms to watch out for are- repeated vomiting, double vision, drowsiness, fits, weakness of one arm or leg, etc.

If he develops any of them, you can call an ambulance, otherwise, there is no need to worry.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX consultant Neurologist