Have elevated uric acid and SGPT. What diet should I take?

Question
MY URIC ACID IS 7.9 AND SGPT IS 52 AND BP IS 132/76 AGE 48 .WHAT PRECAUTION AND DIET SHOULD I TAKE?
Posted Sun, 25 Aug 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 24 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX ...,
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
Your BP is fine, if without treatment then nothing to add and if with treatment it indicates good control.
The uric acid is a metabolic product of purines which are complex organic chemicals in foods of mainly animal origin- fish, meat, chicken, egg etc and also in groundnuts and dry fruits so avoid these foods. Your SGPT is fine.
You are having swelling and pain so you need evaluation of the joints and meanwhile take simple pain killers like tramadol+paracetamol combination as required for pain.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!

Follow-up: Have elevated uric acid and SGPT. What diet should I take? 12 minutes later
suggest vegetables what to eat and what to avoid?
right now I am taking medicine METROGYL COMPOUND XXXXXXX 500,FEBUMED-40,(VERMACT+12 ONCE WEEKLY)

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 25 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX
Welcome back.
You should avoid mushrooms and asparagus and nonvege and saturated fat because it reduces urate excretion.
If you have excess weight then slow reduction with diet control and exercise is advised.
The metrogyl and XXXXXXX are not gout drugs and should be not used more than a week.
Febuxostat is a good drug.
Liver function should be monitored with its use.
I hope the advise will be helpful for you.