Have dual skin shades on my face along with dark circles, dark forehead, chin and mouth. What to do about it?

Dermatologist
Question
Hi Doctor,

I have dual skin shades on my face as below:

a.     My forehead, chin and mouth potion is dark

b.     My upper lip has a fair skin (could be the reason as I do threading there from a long time now, cannot stop as I have growth and looks akward if not done)

c.     I have a very dark circle on my eyes (this has developed and aggreviated due to working on stress and in front of the laptop for long hours, approx 7 hrs). I take brakes every 1hr like going for Tea, washroom, or just a walk to pantry to fetch water etc.)

Can you please suggest:

1.     A face cream that can remove my dark areas and give a even skin tone. Also let me know when and how to apply
2.     A under eye cream to remove dark circles. Also let me know when and how to apply

Appreciate your reply in this regard
Posted Sun, 1 Jul 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 3 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for writing in.

I have gone through the description and photos provided by you.

You are suffering from periorbital hyperpigmentation and facial pigmentation.

A good option in your case is glycolic acid peeling. It has wonderful results in facial pigmentation.It can be combined with microdermabrasion.Combination treatment is more effective.
It is a office procedure can be done at a qualified dermatologists clinic.

Pigmentation around eyes is very difficult to treat .It is a marker of underlying stress and nutritional deficiency.
For it maintain good diet.
Take one fruit every day.Take lemon juice and other citrous foods as they are XXXXXXX in vitamin C and anti oxidants.
Vitamin C is a XXXXXXX skin lightening agent.
You can use antioxidant capsules like derantox or oxidon plus 1 capsule per day.

Eyederm lotion is useful for under eye pigmentation.Has to be applied at night time.

For facial pigmentation creams containing Kojic acid can be used at night time.

Hope this helps you .
If you have any further queries feel free to ask them.

Dr Sudarshan.
Dermatologist.

Follow-up: Have dual skin shades on my face along with dark circles, dark forehead, chin and mouth. What to do about it? 1 hour later
Hi Doctor,

thanks for your response

Can you tell me how much the below treatment will cost approx and wat is the course duration?
Will i need any post treatment care for that?
How is it performed and what are the side effects if any?
Is one time a permanent cure or i need to under go at intervals?

"A good option in your case is glycolic acid peeling. It has wonderful results in facial pigmentation.It can be combined with microdermabrasion.Combination treatment is more effective.It is a office procedure can be done at a qualified dermatologists clinic XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 3 hours later
Hi again XXXXXXX

Cost of glycolic peeling and microdermabrasion can range from 200 to 500 per sitting.It depends on peels used and clinic setup.
Such 4-6 sitting will be required to get a good visible effect.

Post treatment care includes sun protection ,sunscreen application, use of moisturizers, protection from excessive heat and wind exposure.

It is office procedure takes 45 minutes at the most.When done by experienced person there are no side effects as such.Mild burning sensation for few minutes may be experienced in first sitting.

Once done effect continues for 6-12 months if proper post care is taken.
Six monthly sittings may be required.

Hope this helps.

I will be available for follow up.

Dr Sudarshan