Ask a Urologist   »  

Have dry rash on penis base. Started peeling. How to remove this completely?

Dec 2012

I have a rash on the base of my penis for the past 8-9 weeks. It is dry with no discharge or smell. There are some (1-2) small lesions that come and go. The skins dries and peels every couple of days and it looks like the rash is about to clear, but it never fully disappears. There is some slight, sporadic itching but no pain.
Posted Tue, 14 May 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 4 hours later

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

I am pleased to be able to help you answer your health query,
Usually, when spots, lumps or rashes appear on the penis or scrotum, men may worry that they have a sexually transmitted disease, but in most cases the concerning spots are both common and harmless. The size, shape and color of the spot may help determine whether there is something to be concerned about.
It might some benign rash that is not as a result of any infection. Fungi rash can present as such and you might require antifungi medication to treat it. I suggest that you visit a primary care doctor to have a look and maybe provide you with treatment.

Hope this helps and wish you the best.
Dr. Nsah